Elemental Hero Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elemental Hero Academy

Welcome all Yu-gi-oh Players...

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Earthbound Immortal

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Izayoi-Aki

Izayoi-Aki

Earthbound Immortal Empty
PostSubject: Earthbound Immortal   Earthbound Immortal Icon_minitime7/8/2010, 11:43 pm

Unlike the Lord Of cards..Lord of cards didnt change their effects in the cards in KCVDS...

but the Earthbound Immortal Card Change its effect in the cards...unlike in the series....

so if Earthbound immortal cards didnt change its effect and it uses the effects in the series....

for ur opinion whats the strongest....

Earthbound Immortal Cards or Lord of Cards..???and why...??

just want to know the opinion of every one

and by the way.....which of these two kinds is the coolest....??

Back to top Go down
Leos Klein

Leos Klein

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Immortal   Earthbound Immortal Icon_minitime7/9/2010, 1:48 am

By "Lord Of" cards I assume you mean the Sacred Beasts

Still, i perfer the Immortals. So what if Raviel has 4000atk, not much good if you set up Ccapac Apu right

They can't be targeted, get Line Walker in there and they can't be killed by their own effect, they can attack directly. And if you're fortunate enough to tribute a Hardened Armed Dragon for an Immortal, then you don't need Line Walker at all since spell or effects can't kill it. All you need to worry about is cards that remove from play like Caius the Shadow Monarch, or Interdimentional Prison

Also Since Hamon's Effect only stops you from targeting another monster besides him, you can still attack directly with your Immortal.

So in my opinion the Earthbounds are better.
Back to top Go down
FEARSHY
EHA Admin
EHA Admin
FEARSHY

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Immortal   Earthbound Immortal Icon_minitime7/9/2010, 3:16 am

so if you have raviel on the field you are losing 3000 each turn and your opponent is losing 4000 a turn but you need to build up the defence of trap negaters because raviel is effected by them and since Earthbound Immortals can't be attacked the only thing you can attack is your opponent directly which is allowed when a Earthbound Immortal is on the field... your opponent will be dead in like 2 turns...
Back to top Go down
https://eheroacademy.forumotion.net
Izayoi-Aki

Izayoi-Aki

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Immortal   Earthbound Immortal Icon_minitime7/9/2010, 8:19 am

sorry some correction...

what i mean is the Egyptian God cards of Yugi,Obelisk,Slifer,and Ra...

sorry cause when i watch that season here in philippines they call it Lord of cards in the series....
Back to top Go down
FEARSHY
EHA Admin
EHA Admin
FEARSHY

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Immortal   Earthbound Immortal Icon_minitime7/9/2010, 9:16 am

well have slifer on the field traps to negate spells and traps and have the hand limit break card and have 10 cards in hand and you are invincible...
Back to top Go down
https://eheroacademy.forumotion.net
Izayoi-Aki

Izayoi-Aki

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Immortal   Earthbound Immortal Icon_minitime7/9/2010, 9:27 am

just notice earlier...the egyptian god cards in the KCVDS is different in the effects in the anime......

then when using the Egyptian God cards in KCVDS and the earthbound in the anime....which is stronger..?
since Egyptian God cards in KCVDS can only negate spell,trap.effects that targets...

Back to top Go down
Leos Klein

Leos Klein

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Immortal   Earthbound Immortal Icon_minitime7/9/2010, 1:18 pm

Another thing that is diffrent in the anime, when An Earthbound is on the field, and the only thing on the field, your oponant cannot attack. That's an anime only rule, you can check the wiki for it.

"If you control an Earthbound Immortal and no other monsters, your opponent cannot attack you, because they cannot select the Earthbound Immortal as an attack target. (Exception: they can attack with monsters that can attack directly, such as “Submarineroid.”)[1]"

Much like how in the anime, if the field spell was gone, the Earthbound lost its ability to attack directly, its special effect, its ability to negate spell and trap cards that target it, and it was vulnerable to attacks, as seen in episode 50, when Rua and Ruka killed the Field Spell and Cusillu just became a beatstick with no effect.

So the anime Immortals are much better then the actuall Immortals, aswell as weaker in some respects
Back to top Go down
Ryan_N13

Ryan_N13

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Immortal   Earthbound Immortal Icon_minitime7/9/2010, 1:52 pm

Egyptian God Cards pwn all. Have Obelisk and two tokens and BOOM!!! Immortals go dead and you basically win.
Back to top Go down
Izayoi-Aki

Izayoi-Aki

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Immortal   Earthbound Immortal Icon_minitime7/9/2010, 9:21 pm

Leos Klein wrote:
Another thing that is diffrent in the anime, when An Earthbound is on the field, and the only thing on the field, your oponant cannot attack. That's an anime only rule, you can check the wiki for it.

"If you control an Earthbound Immortal and no other monsters, your opponent cannot attack you, because they cannot select the Earthbound Immortal as an attack target. (Exception: they can attack with monsters that can attack directly, such as “Submarineroid.”)[1]"

Much like how in the anime, if the field spell was gone, the Earthbound lost its ability to attack directly, its special effect, its ability to negate spell and trap cards that target it, and it was vulnerable to attacks, as seen in episode 50, when Rua and Ruka killed the Field Spell and Cusillu just became a beatstick with no effect.

So the anime Immortals are much better then the actuall Immortals, aswell as weaker in some respects

but in the anime i remember yusei said...he said if he cannnot attack the earthboundcard he can attack directly...and he uses stardust dragon to direct attack....
but his opponent counter a trap....

but still rules in real is different in the rules in the anime...

Back to top Go down
Leos Klein

Leos Klein

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Immortal   Earthbound Immortal Icon_minitime7/10/2010, 2:21 am

Yeah, I think that might have Been a Speed World Rule for 5Ds, to keep your oponant from pulling moves like 3 Command Knights, and drawing the battle out, since I don't recall Rua and Ruka using that move to in their fight against Devak and Cusillu.

Either way, all that matters for us real-people is Konami's rules on the matter

Edit: It occured to me that my statement might have come across as offensive. So here: "To any and all cartoon people on this forum [i.e. non-real-people] I apologize for offending you!"

Back to top Go down
Shadow The Hedgehog
EHA Tester
EHA Tester
Shadow The Hedgehog

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Immortal   Earthbound Immortal Icon_minitime7/10/2010, 6:43 am

The Sacred beasts SUCKED EPICLY! >_> The summoning conditions were annoying >_<
so yeah Earthbound Immortals were much better
Back to top Go down
Izayoi-Aki

Izayoi-Aki

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Immortal   Earthbound Immortal Icon_minitime7/10/2010, 6:51 am

Shadow The Hedgehog wrote:
The Sacred beasts SUCKED EPICLY! >_> The summoning conditions were annoying >_<
so yeah Earthbound Immortals were much better

hehe...sorry bout that...another wrong idea again...
what i mean is the Egyptian god cards in KCVDS and the Earthbound Immortal cards in the anime...
Back to top Go down
Ryan_N13

Ryan_N13

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Immortal   Earthbound Immortal Icon_minitime7/10/2010, 7:22 am

I know what ya mean Shadow. I put Raviel in my deck in Stardust Accelerator WC 2009, and I could never keep any fiends out long enough to summon him. I HAD A DECK FULL OF FIENDS!!! And I drew Raviel on the first draw!!! How retarded is that?
Back to top Go down
Leos Klein

Leos Klein

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Immortal   Earthbound Immortal Icon_minitime7/10/2010, 8:25 am

Yeah that's my fault. When aki said "Lord of" I was thinking their english names "Lord of Phantasm" "Lord of Thunder" "Lord of Searing Flames" but he means the Egyptian Gods Cards under a dffrent name. But I'm pretty sure you all can see where I was comming from lol.

Anyway, I like Obelisk if I had to pick a god card.

He is the only one with a fixed attack, so you can sacrafice a bunch of swarmers like giant germs and momongas and not come out with a 3000atk monster[Ra] only to get pwned by Darkness Neosphear or Gorz-Token[tho I suppose they are all vulnerable to Gorz-Tokens suicide attack]

Or have to worry about Hand advantage the whole game, or decking out if you're trying to pull a Marik-Osirus [yes Osirus, I don't like calling it Slifer as I hate 4Kids, look it up if you don't get it!] deck.

And lastly I like it because that is the one God Card I own that I can legally play in any tournament, and signed by Kazuki himself! Also its his cool Ancient Egypt look, not Kiba / Modern look
Back to top Go down
Ryan_N13

Ryan_N13

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Immortal   Earthbound Immortal Icon_minitime7/10/2010, 8:29 am

They have alternate art God Cards?
Back to top Go down
Izayoi-Aki

Izayoi-Aki

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Immortal   Earthbound Immortal Icon_minitime7/10/2010, 9:54 am

yea right...
but my fav is RA....cause i think its looks cooler than the other...

when when marik use it in the duel he makes its attack 10000+ using monster reborn and hes LP making an OTK...i think thats cool...
hehehe
Back to top Go down
Ryan_N13

Ryan_N13

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Immortal   Earthbound Immortal Icon_minitime7/10/2010, 10:39 am

Ra's my fave too. But I liked that one effect in the anime where you could tribute your monsters to increase Ra's attack by your other monsters.
Back to top Go down
Shadow The Hedgehog
EHA Tester
EHA Tester
Shadow The Hedgehog

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Immortal   Earthbound Immortal Icon_minitime7/10/2010, 2:38 pm

Ryan_N13 wrote:
Ra's my fave too. But I liked that one effect in the anime where you could tribute your monsters to increase Ra's attack by your other monsters.
God cards fail .__. there for noobz pff >_> but if it's up to the looks i would say slifer look awesome XD
Back to top Go down
Leos Klein

Leos Klein

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Immortal   Earthbound Immortal Icon_minitime7/10/2010, 2:58 pm

Ryan_N13 wrote:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Obelisk_the_Tormentor

That is the version I have. It's perfectly legal to use in any deck, and signed by Kozuki himself!

And if you note, it is the version of him from Ancient Egypt, not the one Kaiba used
Back to top Go down
Shadow The Hedgehog
EHA Tester
EHA Tester
Shadow The Hedgehog

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Immortal   Earthbound Immortal Icon_minitime7/10/2010, 3:27 pm

Leos Klein wrote:
Ryan_N13 wrote:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Obelisk_the_Tormentor

That is the version I have. It's perfectly legal to use in any deck, and signed by Kozuki himself!

And if you note, it is the version of him from Ancient Egypt, not the one Kaiba used

If I had to pick one of the obelisk version I would go with the one you have XD looks great
Back to top Go down
Izayoi-Aki

Izayoi-Aki

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Immortal   Earthbound Immortal Icon_minitime7/10/2010, 9:17 pm

thats obelisk is better than the older.......
hehe
Back to top Go down
Leos Klein

Leos Klein

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Immortal   Earthbound Immortal Icon_minitime7/10/2010, 10:32 pm

Indeed it is
Back to top Go down
Shadow The Hedgehog
EHA Tester
EHA Tester
Shadow The Hedgehog

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Immortal   Earthbound Immortal Icon_minitime7/11/2010, 10:34 am

Leos Klein wrote:
Indeed it is

Its LIMITED EDITION D: wow dude ~Destiny must really likes you~
Back to top Go down
Ryan_N13

Ryan_N13

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Immortal   Earthbound Immortal Icon_minitime7/11/2010, 2:52 pm

Ermm...I thought that was one of the God cards that was confirmed 'fake' (the look, not the card, Obelisk is real, duh).
It does look cooler, and it does list the effect...and by looks, SLIFER (Osiris for you picky people) FTW.
Back to top Go down
Leos Klein

Leos Klein

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Immortal   Earthbound Immortal Icon_minitime7/11/2010, 3:00 pm

Ryan_N13 wrote:
Ermm...I thought that was one of the God cards that was confirmed 'fake' (the look, not the card, Obelisk is real, duh).
It does look cooler, and it does list the effect...and by looks, SLIFER (Osiris for you picky people) FTW.

Well I got it from the Shonen Jump mag, so if it is fake they have a big eefing lawsuit on their hands.

They made one of Ra too, and Osirus/Slifer is supposed to be out in the future
Back to top Go down
Ryan_N13

Ryan_N13

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Immortal   Earthbound Immortal Icon_minitime7/11/2010, 3:08 pm

Oh yeah, those are real if Shonen Jump is sending them out. They OWN part of Yu-Gi-Oh...I think. And I saw the Ra one too. I think it looks way better than the original one.
Back to top Go down
Leos Klein

Leos Klein

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Immortal   Earthbound Immortal Icon_minitime7/11/2010, 3:44 pm

yes it does, IMO too *nod nod* All the Legal ones look better IMO, well..can't say for Slifer since they haven't made one yet.
Back to top Go down
Shadow The Hedgehog
EHA Tester
EHA Tester
Shadow The Hedgehog

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Immortal   Earthbound Immortal Icon_minitime7/11/2010, 7:01 pm

Leos Klein wrote:
yes it does, IMO too *nod nod* All the Legal ones look better IMO, well..can't say for Slifer since they haven't made one yet.

To be honest it's not fair ~
Back to top Go down
Leos Klein

Leos Klein

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Immortal   Earthbound Immortal Icon_minitime7/12/2010, 1:51 am

Leos Klein wrote:

To be honest it's not fair ~

I don't think Spirit Reaper and White Night Dragon are fair either, but they're legal cards, and the god cards are basicly thoes two rolled up into one with a few more effects
Back to top Go down
Ryan_N13

Ryan_N13

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Immortal   Earthbound Immortal Icon_minitime7/12/2010, 4:17 am

Hey, just be happy Reshef of Destruction's Ra Phoenix Mode isn't a legal card. Discard that first turn and you could summon Ra right off the bat!!! AND you could still make a Normal Summon.
Back to top Go down
Shadow The Hedgehog
EHA Tester
EHA Tester
Shadow The Hedgehog

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Immortal   Earthbound Immortal Icon_minitime7/12/2010, 8:00 am

It's still unfair D:

Spirit reaper can easily be destroyed when it's targeted by any spell trap or monster effect T_T
Back to top Go down
Leos Klein

Leos Klein

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Immortal   Earthbound Immortal Icon_minitime7/12/2010, 11:29 am

It's still unfair D:

Spirit reaper can easily be destroyed when it's targeted by any spell trap or monster effect T_T

Yep, and you can kill the God Cards with smashing ground, mirror force, lightning vortex, rigeki, fissure, any number of cards that do not target
Back to top Go down
Shadow The Hedgehog
EHA Tester
EHA Tester
Shadow The Hedgehog

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Immortal   Earthbound Immortal Icon_minitime7/12/2010, 4:27 pm

Leos Klein wrote:
It's still unfair D:

Yep, and you can kill the God Cards with smashing ground, mirror force, lightning vortex, rigeki, fissure, any number of cards that do not target

Well you can use spirit reaper to your advantage with one of those monsters that dealt damage even if the monster is in Deffence
Back to top Go down
Leos Klein

Leos Klein

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Immortal   Earthbound Immortal Icon_minitime7/13/2010, 3:03 am

Leos Klein wrote:
It's still unfair D:

Well you can use spirit reaper to your advantage with one of those monsters that dealt damage even if the monster is in Deffence

yes a Monster with Piercing damage can seriously hurt you with spirit reaper, but still, i think the fact that you need 3 tributes for the god cards, they can be killed by pretty much every deck staple spell card and that there are pleanty of easier to summon, more powerful cards then the god cards, balances it out. But to each their own I suppose.

I don't play my Obelisk, but I like /having/ it, and I use it in friendly games, even tho in an official tournament I /could/ use it, he's far to easy to kill to bother wasting 3 useful monsters to bring him out
Back to top Go down
Shadow The Hedgehog
EHA Tester
EHA Tester
Shadow The Hedgehog

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Immortal   Earthbound Immortal Icon_minitime7/13/2010, 3:23 pm

Leos Klein wrote:
Leos Klein wrote:
It's still unfair D:

yes a Monster with Piercing damage can seriously hurt you with spirit reaper, but still, i think the fact that you need 3 tributes for the god cards, they can be killed by pretty much every deck staple spell card and that there are pleanty of easier to summon, more powerful cards then the god cards, balances it out. But to each their own I suppose.

I don't play my Obelisk, but I like /having/ it, and I use it in friendly games, even tho in an official tournament I /could/ use it, he's far to easy to kill to bother wasting 3 useful monsters to bring him out

Well who said you should tribute 3 monsters? there are far many ways to summon it ... like with tokens e_e and yeah 3 tokens ? WHO CARES ABOUT 3 TOKENS XP

Still for me? Dogma and Plasma look much more powerful than obelisk XD the fact that there named GOD CARDS is stupid because they don't sound so powerful as soon as you read the effect
Back to top Go down
Ryan_N13

Ryan_N13

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Immortal   Earthbound Immortal Icon_minitime7/14/2010, 12:39 am

Well, you have a point, but a bunch of tokens can't be used for Tribute Summons, like Scapegoat and Stray Lambs.
Back to top Go down
Shadow The Hedgehog
EHA Tester
EHA Tester
Shadow The Hedgehog

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Immortal   Earthbound Immortal Icon_minitime7/14/2010, 3:33 pm

Ryan_N13 wrote:
Well, you have a point, but a bunch of tokens can't be used for Tribute Summons, like Scapegoat and Stray Lambs.
Stray lamps uses that effect for a single turn remember? >_> and with trap cards like sakuretsu armor or widespeared ruins your knd of safe Razz
Back to top Go down
Leos Klein

Leos Klein

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Immortal   Earthbound Immortal Icon_minitime7/17/2010, 9:40 am

Ryan_N13 wrote:
Stray lamps uses that effect for a single turn remember? >_> and with trap cards like sakuretsu armor or widespeared ruins your knd of safe Razz

Sakuretsu Armor and widespread ruin don't negate the attack, they just destroy the attacking monster aswell.

in the manga the God Cards are immune to any and all traps, magics, and effects regardless of if they target or not. So once it is on the field you have to take them out by battle. Fortunatly this is just the manga and anime only, and why they were never ment to be played IRL, sicne once they are on the field, they pretty much are /GODS/
Back to top Go down
Ryan_N13

Ryan_N13

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Immortal   Earthbound Immortal Icon_minitime7/19/2010, 6:36 pm

Actually, they (Saku. Armor and Ruin) do cancel the attack. I've played enough WC 2009 and 2010 to know that.
Back to top Go down
Leos Klein

Leos Klein

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Immortal   Earthbound Immortal Icon_minitime7/21/2010, 12:51 pm

ah, interesting, well good thing my Evil heros are immune to cards like that [incert insane laughter]

(yes I know just for the first turn, SILENCE!!! *holds Zim plushie*)
Back to top Go down
Ryan_N13

Ryan_N13

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Immortal   Earthbound Immortal Icon_minitime7/21/2010, 6:38 pm

Invader Zim fan? You remind me of two of my best friends....well, one's more of a Gir fan, but, oh well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Earthbound Immortal   Earthbound Immortal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Earthbound Immortal
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elemental Hero Academy :: EHA EXTRA :: EHA Off-Topic-
Jump to: